Have Questions about Hospice or about us?
Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care hospice recognizes the difficulties that come with placing a loved-one in hospice care. We feel that it is critical for all of your questions be answered quickly and completely to your satisfaction.
You are always encouraged to call our office at (405) 418-2659 to get answers to your questions over the phone, fill out the contact form below or to schedule a time to meet face-to-face.
|OKLAHOMA CITY ADDRESS|
8241 S Walker Avenue, Suite 204 MAP
Oklahoma City, OK 73139-9401
(405) 418-2659 Phone
(405) 488-1009 Fax
Who is Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care?
Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care is one of the oldest hospice providers in the State of Oklahoma with its approval to provide Medicare hospice services originating in 2004 and supporting counties throughout the Oklahoma City area – see all approved servicing counties.
Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care is a community based hospice care organization dedicated to hospice care and focused on meeting or exceeding our patients’ individual medical, emotional and spiritual needs, while making each remaining moment as meaningful as possible.
While Medicare mandates the minimum services that hospice patients must receive, at Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care, we are committed to exceeding industry standards because we recognize that each patient’s life experiences and spiritual beliefs have created a unique individual who deserves the finest care and emotional support, while honoring and respecting their needs and wishes.
Every team member and volunteer is encouraged to go beyond what is required and help all patients and their families enjoy the highest possible quality of life in the precious time they have together.
We provide compassionate care and expert pain management to people nearing the end of their lives, as well as supporting their families and friends. Our approach is holistic, with a team of professionals serving patient’s medical, emotional and spiritual needs.
We accept Medicare payments at the same rate as non-profit hospices do and we lower Medicare’s expenses by caring for patients in their home.
What Makes Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care Unique?
There is a big difference in hospice service providers. We understand the issues seniors, physiciansand families face and have developed programs to address them.
Senior issues include:
- Seniors want to remain in their homes as long as they can.
- Seniors lack affordable health care providers that are willing to come into the homes.
- Seniors plans of care are often too complex to successfully follow on their own. Physicians have less time to spend with seniors in their office because of visit time constraints. Plus seniors often see multiple physicians leading to uncoordinated and conflicting plans.
- Seniors don’t want to burden their family or lose their dignity at the end of their life.
Family issues include:
- Families have increasingly busy schedules with many having both parents working outside the home trying to earn a living.
- Families stress levels increase while taking care of parents which can lead to health problems for them or can lead to relationship issues in the home.
- Families have a lack of knowledge of the programs that are available to assist in the care of their seniors.
- Families are often ill equipped to deal with complex plans of care.
Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care employees are experts in taking care of seniors in the home. Most hospice service providers prefer to take care of hospice patients in facilities such as assisted living facilities, nursing homes, hospitals or in-patient facilities.
The majority of Americans want to pass at home, but every year, nearly 73% pass in medical facilities. More than 93% of Oklahoma Hospice Care patients spend their last days at home. That is nearly twice the national average for hospice patients.
Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care provides most equipment and supplies related to the hospice diagnosis at no charge. Equipment and supplies are expensive so many patients are unable to afford these much needed services.
Call us today to learn the many benefits of the Medicare Hospice Benefit and the difference in care you will receive with Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care!
*Services provided must be related to the terminal diagnosis.
**Oklahoma Palliative & Hospice Care provides services without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, or age as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975.